Click here to view the printable PDF : Benjamin Steele Resume_2017
Through my determination and entrepreneurial attitude, I plan to make a difference in the world.
Benjaminsteele.us - CEO and Founder - Jan. 2016 to present
- My lifestyle and business blog. Consistent website traffic and nearly 4,000 subscribed readers. Collaborated with brands such as Timberland, Daniel Wellington and Pendleton Woolen Mills.
Rustico - Marketing and PR Intern - April 2017 to present
- Contributed extensively to the Ecommerce marketing and PR efforts of the handmade leather goods brand Rustico.
The Daily Universe - Business Journalist - Jan. 2017 to April 2017
- Wrote two articles weekly for the BYU newspaper business and tech sections. Awarded 'best overall reporter' for the Metro Desk. Conducted interviews, took photos and wrote in AP Style.
Sir Wylde - CEO and Founder - Oct. 2015 to March 2017
- Founded a profitable accessories brand. Brand strategy, product design, digital marketing, manufacturing, business infrastructure and much more. Orchestrated effective PR efforts though social media and media placements including features in British GQ Magazine, Fox News, ABC News, The NFL Network and others. Successfully funded Kickstarter Campaign ($10,100). Received small initial round of funding from private investor. Sold the company to a couple successful entrepreneurs.
Thursday Boots Company - Brand Ambassador/Marketing Intern - Aug. 2016 to Feb. 2017
- Generated digital content and represented Thursday Boots across multiple social media platforms. Developed marketing campaigns in an effort to better reach college students. Gained an internal view into the productivity and business structure of a quickly growing boot and accessories brand.
MultiLing - 3rd Party Research Consultant - Aug. 2016 to Dec. 2016
- Conducted survey outreach and individual interviews with over 30 people at Fortune 500 companies. Created survey questionnaire to send out to patent attorneys in the industry. Analyzed key findings from the data to identify industry trends. Conducted secondary research on industry and client’s competitors. Compiled competitive analysis report to guide client’s business decisions. Presented research report based on competitive analyses to client’s marketing and communications departments.
MTC - Zone Coordinator - Dec. 2014 to Nov. 2015
- Taught groups of 5 – 10 missionaries English as a second language. Worked closely with missionaries to help them develop better teaching skills and become more prepared for their missionary service. Managed 10 teachers in meeting employee expectations. Conducted weekly training meetings. Learned how to teach more effectively and simply.
EKR - Marketing Strategy Intern - May 2015 to Aug. 2015
- Strategic branding and marketing research. Worked to help clients communicate effectively while achieving maximum ROI. Learned from the well-respected employees of EKR. Worked for major clients including The LDS Church, The Better Business Bureau and RH Brokerage. Content marketing, public relations, messaging, brand effect, naming, tag lines, copy writing and more.
Enable - CEO and Founder - Oct. 2014 to Dec. 2014
- Developed an app for the Apple App Store. Learned many essential components of a successful start up. Learned the importance of an effective business leader.
The LDS Church - Missionary Volunteer - 2012 to 2014
- A full-time volunteer in Birmingham, England. Worked 10-13 hour days. Grew to love people from many different cultures and countries. Increased missionary effectiveness through my example, training, goal setting, accountability and leadership for over 250 missionaries. Learned the importance of focusing on the detail, organization and planning.