Click here to view my LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjamin-steele/
Through my determination and entrepreneurial attitude, I plan to make a difference in the world.
Benjaminsteele.us - CEO and Founder - Jan. 2016 to present
- My lifestyle and business blog featuring previous work and experience.
HYP3R - Data Analyst and Consultant - Aug. 2017 - Dec. 2017
- One of seven students selected to participate in a special capstone project with HYP3R and 24 Hour Fitness. Worked 155 hours, analyzed 1.2 million social media posts, sent out National Survey to 395 participants, and held 12 in-depth interviews in order to determine most effective practices for the HYP3R platform. Presented findings in California to a team of executives from both companies.
Rustico - Marketing and PR Intern - April 2017 to Dec. 2017
- Contributed extensively to the marketing and PR efforts of the handmade leather goods brand Rustico. Managed social media accounts. Successfully funded Kickstarter campaign ($15,157). Organized photo and video shoots. Enhanced branding. Worked trade shows in Atlanta and NYC. Contributed to the company's new website on the Shopify platform. Worked closely alongside the company executives.
The Daily Universe - Business Journalist - Jan. 2017 to April 2017
- Wrote two articles weekly for the BYU newspaper business and tech sections. Awarded 'best overall reporter' for the Metro Desk. Conducted interviews, took photos and wrote in AP Style.
Sir Wylde - CEO and Founder - Oct. 2015 to March 2017
- Founded a profitable accessories brand. Brand strategy, product design, digital marketing, manufacturing, business infrastructure and much more. Orchestrated effective PR efforts though social media and media placements including features in British GQ Magazine, Fox News, ABC News, The NFL Network and others. Successfully funded Kickstarter Campaign ($10,100). Received small initial round of funding from private investor. Sold the company in 2017.
Thursday Boots Company - Brand Ambassador/Marketing Intern - Aug. 2016 to Feb. 2017
- Generated digital content and represented Thursday Boots across multiple social media platforms. Developed marketing campaigns in an effort to better reach college students. Gained an internal view into the productivity and business structure of a quickly growing boot brand.
MultiLing - 3rd Party Research Consultant - Aug. 2016 to Dec. 2016
- Conducted survey outreach and individual interviews with over 30 people at Fortune 500 companies. Created survey questionnaire to send out to patent attorneys in the industry. Analyzed key findings from the data to identify industry trends. Conducted secondary research on industry and client’s competitors. Compiled competitive analysis report to guide client’s business decisions. Presented research report based on competitive analyses to client’s marketing and communications departments.
EKR - Marketing Strategy Intern - May 2015 to Aug. 2015
- Strategic branding and marketing research. Worked to help clients communicate effectively while achieving maximum ROI. Learned from the well-respected employees of EKR. Worked for major clients including The LDS Church, The Better Business Bureau and RH Brokerage. Content marketing, public relations, messaging, brand effect, naming, tag lines, copy writing and more.
The LDS Church - Missionary Volunteer - 2012 to 2014
- A full-time volunteer in Birmingham, England. Worked 10-13 hour days. Grew to love people from many different cultures and countries. Increased missionary effectiveness through my example, training, goal setting, accountability and leadership for over 250 missionaries. Learned the importance of focusing on the detail, organization and planning.